You Might Be A Whistleblower If . . .
1. You feel compelled to report to management or others what you believe is illegal, immoral or just plain wrong;
2. You think being a "team player" is not as important as telling the truth;
3. It is hard for you to lie, even if lying is in your best interest;
4. Oftentimes you feel like you don't fit in;
5. Sometimes you wonder why you have such a hard time fitting in;
6. You don't care that much about promotions, awards, or pleasing your supervisor;
7. You worry about getting fired for coming forward, but you come forward anyway;
8. Sometimes your loved ones wish you would try harder to get along at work;
9. You were never part of the "in" crowd in school, work, or socially;
10. You don't understand why others don't come forward.
It is hard to be a whistleblower, since most whistleblowers get fired. True whistleblowers are a rare breed. They show courage when most people are afraid to rock the boat. Here's to the boat rocker! Our society is better because of your courage.