How much time do we spend on petty thoughts and desires? I have wasted many hours worrying about stupid things. This is the stupid stuff that I try to avoid worrying about.
HERE IS WHAT IS STUPID:
1. Anything outside of my control, including but not limited to;
A. Who will win the presidential election,
B. If others like me (okay, sometimes I still worry about this), including if others like what I say, or if others like the way I look or how I dress,
C. If others think my daughter has too many tattoos.
2. Anything that matters little in the course of life, for instance:
A. Whether or not I drive an expensive car,
B. Whether or not I wear high heels,
C. If I let my hair go grey,
D. Belonging to country clubs,
3. Gossip, about anything including about wealth, either mine or envying someone else's.
HERE IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT:
1. Caring about others,
2. Having love, of people, pets, etc. in your life,
3. Being persistent and focused in what you find important in life,
4. Laughing, laughing, and laughing.