I haven’t written in this blog for awhile - there is such a news overload that it’s hard for me to settle on any one subject. A lot of the news is bad - mass shootings, murders, separating children from parents, fires raging, hurricanes. Elections.
Too much negativity. Let’s concentrate on the good news:
1. Missourians overwhelmingly passed Amendment I, the Clean Missouri Constitutional Amendment - an amendment aimed at reducing, and, dare I say, eliminating, political corruption. No outlandish lobbyist gifts, limits on Legislators jumping over to cushy lobbying gigs, fairer re-districting. A decade from now, we will see if things are better in Jeff City.
2. We get a new Missouri Attorney General (“always look at the bright side of life,”).
3. We have a less-crazy governor.
4. Missourians overwhelmingly approved gradually increasing the minimum wage.
5. No new gas tax - good for the pocketbook, bad for the tires.
6. As far as I can tell, no Nazis were elected to Missouri office. No KKK, either.
We must celebrate all the victories we can get - always look at the bright side of life. Doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo.