It's trite to write a blog describing how thankful I am for things in this world, but too bad. Thanksgiving is a nice holiday, but it's really dark this time of the year, so expressing my thanks makes me feel better. First, let me get this off my chest - I do not like winter. I do not like the dark. I do not like the cold. That being said, these are some of the things for which I am thankful:
1. I am thankful for this time on earth, in which I can see nature, hear music, taste food, feel warm embraces.
2. I am thankful for empathy, logic and modest intelligence and the ability to read, write and reason.
3. I am thankful to be surrounded by the people I love, my husband, daughter, son, son-in-law, brothers, sister, nieces, nephews, mom, in-laws, and extended family. I am also thankful for the memories of those I love who are gone, my dad, grandmother, stepdad.i am thankful my small cadre of friends.
4. I am thankful to live in a society where my family and I are not oppressed and have opportunities to be free. I am thankful for the ability to engage in debates, both popular and unpopular. I am thankful I got an education.
5. I am thankful for all the people I have met whom I have represented and who have taught me so much. I am enriched by them.
6. I am thankful for my health and the fact I an walk and move and take care of myself.
7. I am thankful I am a mother.
8. I am thankful I and my law partner started a business 20 years ago which is going strong and I am thankful for the hard-working and dedicated employees who have built the firm into what it is.
9. I am thankful that not all people in power are complete idiots.
10. I am thankful for my dog, and the great dogs we have had before her.
11, I am thankful for novels and other books and for great writers.
12. I am thankful for cameras, photos, art, paint, colors and textures.
13. I an thankful for movies and plays and inspirational speeches.
14. I am thankful for great leaders and revolutionaries , like Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and Eleanor Roosevelt.
15. I am thankful that my grandmother moved my family to this country and we survived.
16. I am thankful for the ability to rebel and dissent and disagree.
17. I am thankful for emotions, particularly, love, joy, and compassion.
18. I am thankful for risks and the ability to take chances.
19. I am thankful for having a kind, supportive, and goofy husband.
20. I am thankful for the Internet and the availability of incredible knowledge at the tip of my fingers.